In certain circumstances students from Dunboyne College of Further Education may be allowed to repeat modules or an entire programme in a subsequent year.
Please note that there are two categories of repeat students.
- If you have completed a full course in Dunboyne College of Further Education in one year and wish to do a different course at the same level in the next year.
- If you wish to repeat individual modules from a course you attended previously or you wish to repeat the same full course that you attended before.
The following is the policy of Dunboyne College of Further Education in relation to repeats in the two categories.
Students who wish to repeat a course or modules or who wish to do a different course in a subsequent year will follow this procedure:
- Students must apply to the college for the new course, as per the usual online application process for new incoming students.
- Students must then attend an interview on the date and time given by the college.
- Students must make it known at the interview that they are a repeat student; failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Students must bring with them to interview the following documents:
- A 100-word statement giving your reasons for choosing to repeat and/or why you have chosen this new direction in your studies
- A copy of a written reference
- A copy of a statement of your most recent academic results.
- After interview the student will be asked to meet with Irene Togher, Academic Support, to discuss their application.
- Students who score below 80% in interview will not be offered a place in the college.
- After interview, students who score 80% or above in the interview will have their application further reviewed at the next college repeat board meeting.
- Upon successful interview and successful review, a student will be offered a place in the college.
- The course fee will be the same as for all Level 5 courses.
- Decisions made by the college during this process are final.
Level 6 Applicants
Please note that current or previous students applying to progress to a Level 6 programme will be interviewed for that programme. Apply online as per the usual online application process for new incoming students.
A student’s achievement at Level 5 will impact on whether that student is offered a place at Level 6.